How Do I Order?
- Click a category (music, video, clothing, etc) in the upper left corner of the store’s homepage under the heading browse products.
- Click on the item you’d like to buy.
- From the product page, use the dropdown menus to select options (size, quantity, etc.)
- Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button.
- Click either ‘Continue Shopping’ or ‘Checkout.’
- If checking out, log in to your Port Merch account or create a new account. NOTE: When creating a new account please be sure to NOT use your email address as your Username. Also remember that your username can be no longer than 17 characters.
- To continue with checking out, click ‘Submit’.
- Choose payment by Visa, MasterCard, or American Express and enter credit card number. Enter CVV2 number (The last 3 or 4 digits of the number on the back of your card near the signature field.
- Verify that all your information is correct (products, order quantities, billing address, shipping address) and click ‘Submit Order.’
- You may print the confirmation page for your records if you’d like. You will also be emailed a copy of this receipt.
Do you charge shipping?
Yes, shipping and handling charges are calculated based on order weight and delivery destination.
Please note that your order may be subject to import duties and/or taxes imposed by Customs when your order reaches your country. Payment of all duties and taxes is the sole responsibility of the customer. Contact your local Customs office if you have questions about your country’s import regulations.
Can I order by phone?
Yes please call us at 919-713-0078, you will need a credit card for phone ordering.
Is the site secure?
Yes. Port Merchandise uses SSL encryption to protect your credit card data while it is transmitted over the internet. We also offer PayPal as a payment option if you would prefer.
When will you charge my card / why hasn’t it been charged?
Your card is charged when you place your order. This goes for pre-orders as well!
What is your return policy?
We accept returns any reason within 30 days of receipt.
• We will issue refunds or exchanges for any reason on unworn/unwashed apparel.
• We will issue refunds or exchanges for any reason on unopened factory sealed products (cds/dvds/etc).
• We will issue refunds or exchanges for defective products.
Please pack the merchandise you wish to exchange/refund securely and send the package to the following address:
Port Merchandise Returns
1635 Old Louisburg Rd
Raleigh NC 27604
Contact us [email protected] to determine the availability of your desired item before sending the exchange!
Please include a note telling us:
• Your order number
• Your name and contact information
• Reason for return/exchange
• If exchanging what item/size you would like instead
How can I track my package?
You should receive an email from stamps.com at the time of shipment. If you don’t see it please check your spam folder!
Additionally you can send us an email at [email protected] with the words “Tracking request” in the subject line. We will need your order number or shipping recipient name. We will respond with your tracking information.
What if I get a message saying “There are no available shipping options” to my address?
This is often caused by a formatting error in your shipping address. Be sure your zip code only has 5 digits for US addresses. Do not add the +4 digits to your zip code. We will do this automatically during shipment. If you are using PayPal often the 4 extra digits are there and it causes this error. Be sure to check both your billing address and shipping address. If the error is not caused by the zip code, please email us [email protected] and we will look into the problem. Be sure to tell us the EXACT address you are using so we can try to replicate the problem.
How can I get help on an order?
Email your questions to [email protected] Our business hours are M-F 9am to 5pm eastern time. Please make sure to let us know which band you were shopping with!
What do I do if I am having trouble with my cart?
Try enabling cookies on your browser.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Click on Tools
2. Go down to Internet Options
3. In the Internet Options window click the Privacy tab
4. Move the slider bar down to Medium, Low, or Accepts All Cookies
5. Click the Apply button to save the settings
6. Click OK to close the Internet Options window
7. Exit the browser and begin a new transaction in a new window
1. Click on Tools
2. Go down to Options
3. Click on the Privacy icon
4. Click on the button next to Cookies, make sure ‘allow site to set cookies’ is checked
5. Click OK to save changes and close the Options window
6. Exit the browser and begin a new transaction in a new window
If you continue experiencing problems you might want to try using another computer or another browser type, or wait for 24 hours and try the transaction again as the problem could be internally on our end. Please email [email protected] for further assistance with our online stores, or call 919-713-0078.
Can I mail in an order?
Absolutely! Simply go through the online shopping process of adding items to your cart, entering your name and address etc. When you get to the final page, you will see your total calculated with shipping and handling fees. Please make sure to include the shipping in your total cost. You can then mail a check or money order (US FUNDS!) to:
1635 Old Louisburg Rd
Raleigh, NC 27604
Please be sure to enclose a note telling us exactly what your order is (what size, color, etc) and where and to whom you would like it shipped!
Do you ship overseas?
Of course! Please note: An extra customs charge may be applied to your order. This fee is not charged by Port Merchandise and the customer is responsible for any additional duties or taxes. Please check with your local Customs office for more information!
How long will my order take?
Orders are almost always out the door within 2 business days. Your order’s delivery time depends on your proximity to beautiful Raleigh, NC as well as shipping method. We can estimate but CANNOT guarantee delivery times.
First class US mail delivery time is typically 3 to 7 business days.
Priority US Mail delivery time is typically 2 to 4 days.
All order will receive a tracking email from stamps.com when their order is packed.
International shipping times can vary greatly and are not always trackable. Anywhere from 2-8 weeks or more is considered normal.
Due to the unpredictability of international postage deliveries, we DO NOT guarantee delivery of orders to international addresses. We are unable to refund international orders that are lost in transit. Rest assured however that we do have an international delivery success rate of 99%. There are rare instances, however, when an item leaves the US and is then delayed (or lost) by another country’s postal service. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this.
If you need us to resend your tracking email please contact us at [email protected] Please put “Tracking info Request” in the subject line of your email. Please also include your name and order number in the body of the email.
What do I do if I’m having trouble with a download?
- Downloads are available for 1 download.
- Please do not attempt to download files to phones or other mobile devices. A desktop PC or laptop with proper software is recommended for downloading the ZIP files. Port Merch is not responsible for data costs or issues caused by trying to download files to a phone or tablet.
- Downloaded content, including full albums and singles, is NON-REFUNDABLE. If you did not receive your download link, please contact us at [email protected]
- Please do not contact Port Merchandise with personal computer issues, as we won’t be able to help you. You should have a basic understanding of ZIP files and be able to import music into your own music player or software such as iTunes. If you’re unfamiliar with these things, don’t worry – it’s quite easy! Below are some useful tips for helping with downloads:
- Please allow ample time for downloads to complete. Leave the browser window open and allow even more time for lossless files, such as FLAC or WAV.
- Once you’ve extracted the music files, they will be in either the default download location on your computer, or in a file you previously specified. Most likely it will be in the “My Downloads” or “My Music” folder in Windows. We can’t help you find them, as the default download location for every PC can be different.
- To add music to iTunes, just launch iTunes and choose File > Add To Library. To add music to Windows Media Player, you can either: a) select the audio files, then right click them and choose “Add to Windows Media Player List”, or b) drag and drop the audio files onto the Windows Media Player window (if that doesn’t work, try the drag/drop operation again, but make sure the Library tab is active in Windows Media Player first).
If you are still having problems please contact us at [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.
Was my card charged twice??
If you see two charges this could be due to a failed attempt at an order. If you try your order and it is denied by your bank (incorrect billing zip/3 digit code mismatch/etc) you may see a pending or processing charge. This is where you bank has put a hold on the amount. We reverse those transactions automatically so the time it takes for that to reappear in your account depends on your banking institution. This can take anywhere from 4 hours to 4 days. If you think there could be another error or you have any questions please email us at [email protected]
Do you ship to forwarding facilities?
Frequently international customers ask that packages be shipped to a parcel forwarding facility. While we understand the appeal of such places, please be aware that we do not recommend using such services. We can only guarantee delivery to said facility and then all tracking/handling/etc is the sole responsibility of the forwarding service. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY ORDER BEING SENT TO ANY FORWARDING FACILITY AS WE SEE FIT.
I made a mistake with my address. What happens now?
If you made a shipping address error please email us ASAP. Orders generally ship within 1-2 business days and once an order has been processed we are unable to update an address.
If your package ships and the address you provided us with is inaccurate we will have to wait for the package to be returned to us. Once we receive it, we will contact you to get a correct address and reship your package. The buyer will be liable for any new shipping costs as a result of re-shipping the package.
How can I contact you?
Can I cancel an order?
Please contact us immediately if you would like to cancel an order. Once an order is shipped we are unable to provide a cancelation. You can however return unwashed/unworn merchandise for refund. Shipping fees, once shipped are non-refundable.
I received an incorrect item. What happens next?
We want to make you happy and don’t like to disappoint. Please contact us via email about the problem. If the error is on our behalf, all costs involved with getting you the correct item will be on us.
What forms of payment do you accept??
We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or regular account payments all through PayPal.
I ordered a pre-order item along with some other items. When do they ship?
If you have a pre-order item in your order, all items will ship once that pre-order item is available.
What if my items are damaged or defective?
If you have a damaged or defective item, contact us via email at [email protected] with a photo of the damage and your order number. We’ll take care of you!
What happens to my refund if I’m no longer using my card?
Good news, as long as the account you used when you made your purchase is still open we can refund to your account.
That means that even if the card has been lost, stolen on cancelled we can still refund your card.
Unfortunately we can’t refund your purchase to a different account or a card associated with a different account.
I want an item that is listed as out of stock! When will it be restocked?
We know what it’s like to find the perfect item that you just have to have but find it is out of stock. If we have any estimate or indication of when it may become available again we always include it in the product description.
Unfortunately, that means if you don’t see an expected date in the product description we don’t have one. However as soon as we know, you will know! Any items no pictured on the website are no longer available.
What if it is past my pre-order date and I haven’t received my item?
Occasionally we run into delays with pre-ordered items. If you ordered a pre-ordered item and it has been more than 2 days since the date it was expected to be available and would like an update, we’d be happy to look into the situation for you and find out what’s going on. Generally we know about these situations before hand and will contact you via email prior to the release date to give you a heads up. However if you would like an update just send us an email to [email protected] including your order confirmation number and name.
What color Vinyl is this printed on?
Unless the product description specifically states otherwise, all records are pressed on traditional black vinyl.
I’m with a band and I have questions about your services?
Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
What are your hours of operation?
We are open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Eastern, excluding US holidays.
How do I pay for an order with PayPal?
Browse the store and add items to your cart. When you go to checkout you’ll be presented with two options: You can choose to pay with a credit card or you can use your PayPal account. If you choose to pay with PayPal, you will be presented with a PayPal login window. You will be asked to select a preferred payment method, such as a bank account or credit card that is linked to your account. If you have a PayPal balance, it will be used before any other payment method. Follow the instructions to complete the payment.
What brand are your shirts? Do you have a size chart??
Our shirts are printed on a variety of different brands. Most items should state what brand was used for printed. Sizing differs brand to brand. If there is not a size chart listed please contact us at [email protected] for further assistance.
Can you combine an order?
If you would like an order combined please contact us at [email protected] We can only combine orders that have not yet processed.
What bands do you work with?
Check out our current lineup portmerch.com/clients
Meet the Team
Launched Port Merch in 2006. Contact Chip for general information about Port or to discuss red wine, Eastern NC BBQ, or Atlanta Braves baseball.
Desert Island Albums:
Beach Boys: Pet Sounds
Bruce Springsteen: Darkness On the Edge of Town
Modern Lovers: Self-Titled
The Monkees: Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn, and Jones, Ltd
Camper Van Beethoven: Key Lime Pie
The Thermals: The Body, The Blood, The Machine
Harry Nilsson: Nilsson Sings Newman
artist relations - warehouse/tour merch
Bryan deals with the comings and goings of inventory, coordinates tour merch shipments, and keeps a wary eye on whatever else comes up. Music, food, travel, and beer make his world go around. He’s oddly fascinated with maps.
Desert Island Albums:
Sam Cooke: The Man Who Invented Soul
Father John Misty: Fear Fun
The Hold Steady: Boys And Girls In America
Nada Surf: Live at Neptune Theater
Nirvana: Live at Reading
Phish: Hampton/Winston Salem 1997
Prince: Purple Rain
Soul Coughing: Ruby Vroom
Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense
Frank Zappa: Make A Jazz Noise Here
artist relations - production/e-commerce
Desert Island Albums:
R.E.M: Automatic for the People
Morrissey: Viva Hate
The Beatles: Magical Mystery Tour
The Smiths: Strangeways Here We Come
U2: The Unforgettable Fire
The Stone Roses: The Stone Roses
Red House Painters: Roller Coaster Album
Whiskeytown: Strangers Almanac
The Beatles: Abbey Road
Ryan Adams: Love is Hell
Desert Island Albums:
Lemonheads: It’s a Shame About Ray
Sonic Youth: Washing Machine
DJ Shadow: Entroducing
Neil Young: After the Gold Rush
Mike Watt: Ball-Hog or Tug Boat?
Pavement: Wowee Zowee
Desert Island Albums:
Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
Guided by Voices: Bee Thousand
The Port Huron Statement: Man of the Match
The Hold Steady: Separation Sunday
The Rolling Stones: Exile on Main Street
Neil Young: Tonights the Night
The Clash: The Clash
Parquet Courts: Wide Awake